User, Guest, and Resource Defined
What is a user?
A user is any individual invited to the TeamGantt account by email address, regardless of permission level and the number of projects they've been invited to. Benefits of inviting an individual as a user include:
- Real-time access to view the projects they're invited to
- Customization of permission status within the project
- Access to daily email notifications and more
If you're an Account Holder and want to see an accurate count of users within the project, go to: Account Settings (from the circle icon at the upper right-hand corner of TeamGantt) > Manage People.
In the example below, you can see this account has four users.
Tip: Need help inviting users to a project? Read Inviting People.
What is a guest?
A guest meets the following three criteria:
- Invited to a single TeamGantt project
- View Only project-level permission
- Basic User account-level permission
If you've got a Standard or Advanced subscription plan, you can add an unlimited number of guests to your account/projects. Just keep in mind that once a person's permission level changes from View Only or Basic User—or if they're invited to a second project—they'll go from being a guest to a user, which counts toward your plan total.
What is a resource?
A resource is a group or non-user added to TeamGantt for scheduling purposes only. Unlike a user or a guest, a resource will not have access to the project in TeamGantt. And since a resource isn't associated with an email address, it also won't receive email notifications.
Here are just a few ways you can use resources for general project assignments:
- Team/department (Example: Marketing)
- Job role (Example: Web designer)
- Freelance/contract resource (Example: Freelance writer)
- Client/company name (Example: Acme Inc.)
To view existing resources or to add a resource to your project, simply go to the People tab > Other Resources:
All paid subscription plans allow you to add an unlimited number of resources to your projects!
Want to learn more users and resources? Check out the links below!
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!