How to edit, delete, and complete a task
As your project progresses, you may make significant changes to your tasks. In this article, you'll learn how to edit, delete, add progress and complete a task.
How to edit a task
To rename a task, simply click on the task name to edit it. TeamGantt automatically saves the change once you hit Enter.
If you need to make deep-level changes to a task, hover your cursor over the task and click on the pen icon to open up the task. A second screen will appear where you can:
- Edit the task name
- Add/delete comments
- Assign Start and End dates
- Attach documents
- Change task color
- Post sticky notes
- Edit task dependencies
- Assign/reassign members or resources
- Indicate estimated hours
- Indicate the number of days or weeks it'll take to complete the task
- Add a value to its % completeness
Tip: You can undo any changes you've made to a task by scrolling down to the task's activity log and clicking on the undo change link.
How to delete a task
At some point in the project, you will want to delete tasks that aren't relevant or necessary. Simply hover your cursor over a task and click on the "x" button to delete it.
A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to delete a task. Click Yes to proceed.
If you need to reverse this, head on over to the History tab and click "undo change" to return the task to the group.
How to add progress and/or complete a task
Progress on a task means bringing a project from 0 to 100 percent completion. A task is marked as complete when it is given a value of 100 percent indicated by a darker color on the task bar.
There are three ways to add progress and/or complete a task.
1. On Schedule view: Go to the View menu and enable the Percent Complete column for your project schedule. Once that's done, enter a value from 1 to 100 to reflect the task's progress.
2. On List view: Click on the % Complete field and enter a value from 1 to 100.
3. Hover your cursor over the task and click on the edit icon. Once the pop-up screen displays, add a value from 1 to 100 in the % Complete field.
Good to know: The % Complete value of a task only affects the overall % completeness of the project if the task is scheduled into the project chart.