Create Tasks for Your Project
Ready to start adding tasks to your project? Watch this quick video to learn a few tricks!
Adding tasks to your project
Adding tasks in TeamGantt is simple! You've got three options to choose from:
1) Hover your mouse over the first column in your project, and select Task from the (+) options:
2) Hover over a row, and click the drop-down arrow to the right of the task name. Then, select Insert Task Below:
3) Use the following hot keys:
For Mac: Hit Command+Enter, and a new task will be created directly under the group or task you're hovering over.
For Windows: Hit Control+Enter, and a new task will be created directly under the group or task you're hovering over.
All: After adding a task, hit Enter. The task you just added will automatically save, and a new task will appear under it. When your task list is complete, simply hit Escape to stop adding new tasks.
Note: Quickly added tasks will be created without task bars. Be sure to schedule each task in the gantt chart by assigning the appropriate start and end dates once your tasks have all been added to your project.
Tip: Using Command+Shift+Enter (macOS) or Control+Shift+Enter (Windows) will add a milestone in lieu of a task.
Adding a new group of tasks to your project
Need to add a new group of tasks to your project? Hover over the last task in your list, and the options to add a new task, milestone, or group of tasks will appear. Select Group of Tasks, and you’re all set!
Frequently asked questions about tasks
- Can I add multiple tasks in one row?
- Currently, TeamGantt only supports a single task per row, meaning we don't support split tasks. If a task exists over two non-consecutive periods of time, you'll need to a create a separate task for each time period.
- Can I create recurring tasks?
- Currently, TeamGantt does not support recurring tasks. To account for recurring tasks, you'll need to manually create a new task for each iteration of the task.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!