Create Tasks for Your Project
Ready to start adding tasks to your project? Watch this quick video to learn a few tricks for adding tasks!
Adding Tasks to your Project
Adding Tasks in TeamGantt is simple! You have three options for doing so:
1) Hover your mouse over the first column in your project, and select Task from the (+) options:
2) Hover over a row and click the drop-down arrow to the right of the task name. Then, select Insert Task Below:
3) Use the following hotkeys:
For Mac: Hit Command+Enter, and a new task will be created directly under the group or task over which you are hovering.
For Windows: Hit Control+Enter, and a new task will be created directly under the group or task over which you are hovering.
All: After adding a task, hit Enter. The task you just added will automatically save, and a new task bar will appear under it. When you are finished adding your tasks, simply hit the Escape key to stop adding new tasks.
To note, tasks added quickly will be created without task bars. After entering a series of tasks, schedule your tasks in the gantt chart by assigning the appropriate start and end dates.
Tip: Using Command+Shift+Enter (macOS) or Control+Shift+Enter (Windows) will add a milestone in lieu of a task.
Adding a New Group of Tasks to Your Project
Need a new group of tasks for your project? Hover over the last task in your task list. The option to add a new task, milestone or group of tasks will appear. Select Group of Tasks and you’re all set!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tasks
- Can I add multiple tasks in one row?
- Currently, TeamGantt only supports a single task per row, meaning that we do not support split tasks. If you have a task that exists over two non-consecutive periods of time, you will have a create a separate task for each time period.
- Can I create recurring tasks?
- Currently, TeamGantt does not support recurring tasks. To account for recurring tasks, you will have to manually create a new task for each iteration of the task.
Other articles about tasks that you may find helpful: Task Colors | How to Edit/Delete/Complete a Task | How to Move and Reschedule Multiple Tasks | How to Duplicate a Group of Tasks | Recurring Tasks