How do I delete unwanted comments from my project?
If you need to create and manage several projects, it may be necessary to use a template or duplicate an existing project. These may have comments you need to delete to start with a clean slate. Below are three ways to do so.
Method 1: Delete a comment from a task
To ensure comments are not accidentally deleted, only the person who added the comment or document can delete it from the task. To do this, click on the speech bubble icon to open up the Discussions window. Hover your cursor over the comment and click on the "Delete my Comment" link.
Method 2: Duplicate a task
One of the quickest ways to delete comments is to duplicate the task. Comments from the original task aren't carried over to the duplicate. You can then delete the original task.
- Hover your cursor over the task you'd like to duplicate.
- Click on the drop down icon. A list of options will appear.
- Click on 'Duplicate' to duplicate the task.
You'll now see the duplicate task without comments.
Method 3: Recreate the project without comments
It is also possible to recreate a project without including the original comments or uploaded documents by doing the following:
1. Designate the project you wish to copy as a template. To do so, please open the desired project and go to: Menu > Save as template.
2. Move the “Parent” project to complete.
3. Create a new project using the template. To do so, go to: +New Project > Create New Project > Template > (Choose correct project template from listed options).
4. When creating the new project, uncheck everything under the “Import” option.
5. Select “Save New Project”. Your new project should be identical to the original without the notes/comments.
Please note: You must have the account permission of Account Holder or Advanced User to be able to complete these steps.