Account and Project Level Permissions
There are two types of permissions in TeamGantt.
1) Project Level - This is the most common permission and is set every time someone is invited to a project. This enables the team to set different permissions for each user per project.
- View Only - Users cannot make changes to the chart. However, they can upload files and comment on tasks.
- Can Update Their Progress - Users cannot edit the chart except to update the % complete column of tasks that are assigned to them.
- Edit - Users can update and edit the chart.
- Admin - All of the above plus they can invite users, remove users, edit project settings, and delete the project.
When inviting users to a project, the default project level permission level is edit. To change project level permissions, the admin can open the project and click the People tab, then Add/Manage Users.
From there, hover over the user’s name and a pop up edit option will appear. Click edit and then Done to change the permission.
Tip: This is also the place where a user can be removed from a project
2) Company (Account) Level - These permissions cover things such as being able to create projects, edit billing information, etc.
Account Holder: Account holders can add and remove users and resources from the account, adjust billing information and access invoices, create new projects, and view/access all projects within the account.
Advanced User: These users can create new projects. However, they cannot remove users/resources from the account. Advanced users can only access projects to which they are invited.
Basic User: Cannot create new projects or remove users and resources from the account. Basic users can only access projects to which they are invited.
Tip: To edit company level permissions, the account holder can log in and go to Admin > Account Settings > Manage Users.
For more information regarding how to manage account users, please visit our Manage users support page.