Colors allow you to customize TeamGantt in a way that suits your organization's needs. Some common ways to use colors are:
- Distinguish between departments/teams (i.e. all Marketing Department tasks are purple)
- Distinguish users assignments (i.e. all of John's tasks are blue)
- Set priority level (i.e. all red tasks are urgent, green are low priority)
In this article, you'll learn how to assign and change task colors for better organization within your project.
Changing a Task Color
There are 16 pre-set task colors from which to choose. To change a task's color, simply hover over a task and click the color block icon that appears to the right of the task bar.
To change the color of an entire task group, simply hover your cursor over the task group line and click the color block icon that appears to the right to change the color.
To change the color of multiple ungrouped tasks simultaneously:
1) Click the the first task bar you would like to change
2) Hold Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and click another task
3) Repeat step #2 until you have selected as many tasks as you wish
4) Select the color block icon next to any task that you have selected
Note: While it is possible to change the colors of your tasks, it is not possible to change the color of a milestone.
Assigning a Default Task Color to a User or Resource
To set a default color for each person on your team, select the People tab at the top of your project and then Select default task bar color next to the user/resource that you would like to assign a color to.
Once you do this, each task you assign to that person or resource will automatically be the color you selected. You have the option to assign the color for previously created tasks and future tasks, or future tasks only.
If more than one person is assigned to a task, whoever is last assigned to the task will determine the color of the task bar. However, you can still manually change the color of the task.
Note: Selecting a task color from the people tab will only change tasks within the selected project.
Filtering by Color
If you want want to view color-specific information in your chart, you can also filter the information by color from the All Colors drop down menu. Here is more information about filters.
Note: It is not possible to change the name of the color at this time.