How to move and reschedule multiple tasks
At some point in the project, you need to reschedule multiple tasks because of due date shifts or project changes. Instead of moving one task after the other, you can save time by moving multiple tasks at the same time across your project chart. This article illustrates how to quickly move and reschedule multiple tasks at once.
Reschedule the entire project
At the top of your project, on the same line as the project title, is a thin, gray bar. This bar spans the entire length of the project. Sliding the bar forward or backward will adjust your project in its entirety.
Reschedule the entire group
Located below the “project line” is a thicker, gray bar called the "group line." The line spans the length of the tasks within the group. To reschedule the start time of your group, simply slide the gray bar forward or backward as desired.
Reschedule multiple tasks not in the same group
There are two ways to reschedule multiple tasks that belong in different task groups.
1) Click the the first task bar you would like to move
2) Hold Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (windows) and click another task.
3) Repeat step #2 until you have selected as many tasks/milestones as you wish.
4) You can then either drag the bar to move them or drag one of the ends to make all of the tasks longer or shorter.
1) Click the the first task bar that you would like to move.
2) Hold Shift and click another task. This will select the two tasks you clicked and any tasks in between.
3) You can then either drag the bar to move them or drag one of the ends to make all of the tasks longer or shorter.
Tip: When selecting the tasks you wish to move, click on the colored task bar not the task name.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!