Move and Reschedule Multiple Tasks
At some point in the project, you may need to reschedule multiple tasks because of due date shifts or project changes. Instead of moving tasks one-by-one, you can save time by moving multiple tasks at the same time. Read on to learn how to move and reschedule multiple tasks at once.
Reschedule the entire project
At the top of your project, on the same line as the project title, is a thin, gray bar. This bar spans the entire length of the project. Sliding the bar forward or backward will adjust your project in its entirety.
Reschedule a group of tasks
On the same line as each group, there is a dark gray bar. The line spans the length of the tasks within the group. To reschedule the start time of your group, simply slide the dark gray bar forward or backward as desired.
Reschedule multiple tasks across groups
There are two ways to reschedule multiple tasks that belong to different task groups:
1) Click the first task bar you would like to move
2) Hold Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and click another task.
3) Repeat step #2 until you have selected as many tasks/milestones as you wish.
4) You can then either drag the bar to move them or drag one of the ends to make all of the tasks longer or shorter.
1) Click the first task bar that you would like to move.
2) Hold Shift and click another task. This will select the two tasks you clicked and any tasks in between.
3) You can then either drag the bar to move them or drag one of the ends to make all of the tasks longer or shorter.
Tip: When selecting the tasks you wish to move, click on the colored task bar, not the task name.
Looking to assign multiple tasks at once? Read more here.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!