How to create a project
Creating a project is the first step to getting work done in TeamGantt! If you're an Account Holder or Advanced User, you have the ability to add new projects. There are 2 different ways to do this:
Method #1: From the left-hand sidebar menu, click the "+" button beside Active Projects.
Method #2: Select My Projects from the left-hand sidebar menu, and click the New Project button.
From there, you can choose from the following 3 options:
- Create a blank new project (If this is your first time creating a project, click on the blue Create New Project button to get started.)
- Duplicate an existing project
- Create a project from a CSV upload
Then it's time to provide some basic project details! Here's what every new project needs:
- Project name
- Basic template - creates two task groups and six tasks to give you a head start
- Sample project - creates a handful of task groups, tasks, and comments
- Blank project - creates one default task group and a single task
- Days of the week work will be scheduled
When you're done, click the Create New Project button to add your new project.
Tip: If you created a template out of an existing project, you can create a new project based on this template. This saves time and effort so you don't have to create everything from scratch.
How to create a project when you belong to multiple accounts
If you're an Account Holder or Advanced User on 2 or more accounts, you'll see a Company drop-down on the Create a New Project page. This menu enables you to assign each new project to the right account.
Simply choose the right account from the list, and click the Create New Project button.
Note: Once a project's created in one account, it can't be moved to another. Be sure to double-check the Company drop-down before making your new project!
How to rename a project
If you're the project Admin, you can give your project a new name by following the steps below.
1) From the gantt view, hover over the project name, and select the Edit (pencil) icon.
2) A project detail window will pop up. Simply click into the project name text field to edit it. Once finished, click Done.
You should see the new project name show up on the project and your My Projects page right away.
How to delete a project
Note: Only users with Admin permissions on the project are allowed to delete a project.
Some projects fizzle out before they're finished. If this happens, there are 2 ways to delete a project from your TeamGantt account.
Method #1 - From the My Projects list:
Click My Projects from the left-hand sidebar menu. Hover over the project you want to delete, and click Options > Delete Project.
Method #2 - From within a project:
Select Menu > Project Settings, and click Delete Project.
Having trouble creating projects in TeamGantt? Email us at email@example.com, and we'll help you out!
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!