How to Create a Project
Creating a project is the first step to getting work done in TeamGantt. For Account Holders and Advanced Users, there are two ways to do this:
Option 1: From the left-hand sidebar menu, click on the "+" button beside Active Projects.
Option 2: Click on My Projects from the left-hand sidebar menu, and click on the New Project button to create a new project.
There are 3 options for creating a project:
1. Create a blank new project (If this is your first time creating a project, click on the blue Create A New Project button to get started.)
2. Duplicate an existing project
3. Create a project from a CSV upload.
You will be asked for the following details before creating a project:
- Project name
- Basic template - creates two task groups and six tasks to give you a head start
- Sample project - creates a handful of task groups, tasks, and comments
- Blank project - creates one default task group and a single task
- Days of the week
When you are done, click on the Create New Project button to create the project.
Tip: If you created a template out of an existing project, you can create a new project based on this template. This saves you time and effort from creating everything from scratch.
How to Create a Project When You are a Member of More than One Account
If you are an Account Holder or Advanced User on two or more accounts, TeamGantt displays a drop-down menu on the Create a New Project page to select the right account to create the project for.
Simply choose the account from the list and click on the Create New Project button. Just to note, once a project is created in one account it cannot be moved to another. Be sure to double check the Company before creating a new project!
How to Rename a Project
If you are the project Admin, you can change the name of a project you are a member of at anytime. To do so, please follow the steps below.
1) From gantt view, hover over the project name and select the edit (pencil) icon.
2) A project details window will pop up. Simply click into the text field for your project name to edit it. Once finished, click Done.
Your new project name will appear on the project and the My Projects page immediately.
How to Delete a Project
Note: Only user with Admin permissions on the project are allowed to delete the project.
You may decide to delete a project that you are no longer interested in completing. There are two ways to delete a project from your TeamGantt account.
Method #1: From the My Projects List
Click on My Projects from the left-hand sidebar menu. Locate the project you would like to delete, and click Options > Delete Project.
Method #2: From within a Project
Select Menu > Project Settings and click on Delete Project.
Having trouble creating projects in TeamGantt? Email us at email@example.com and we'll help you out!