Watch the video below to learn about the various sync options you have with the TeamGantt Power-Up for Trello.
TeamGantt’s power-up enables you to see your Trello cards in a beautiful project timeline, create dependencies between cards, and view workloads all without ever leaving Trello. Click here to learn more.
The most common way to set up your sync is by syncing 1 Trello board to 1 TG Project.
To set this up, enable the Power-Up on your Trello board and simply select the TeamGantt project that you'd like to sync with. Newly created cards and tasks will automatically sync from one Trello board to a single TeamGantt Gantt chart. Cards are synced immediately upon creation, and vice versa.
If you'd like to disable the auto syncing of your cards, select "None" from Menu > Power-Ups > Enabled > TeamGantt > Edit Power-Up Settings > Sync with Project.
To get a custom high-level view of your projects, manually sync any individual card as a task to any TeamGantt project.
This can only be accomplished with a manual sync, but the benefit is that it gives you full control over when and where your cards are synced to TeamGantt. Since cards are not automatically synced upon creation, it allows you to finalize a card's details before syncing to TeamGantt.
To set up manual syncing select "None" as your project at the time of enabling the Power-Up on your board. Or, do so after the fact from Menu > Power-Ups > Enabled > TeamGantt > Edit Power-Up Settings > Sync with Project > None.
Here are some of the different options for manually syncing Trello and TeamGantt:
1. Cards from 1 Trello board to multiple TeamGantt projects
2. Cards from multiple Trello boards to a single TeamGantt project
3. Cards from multiple Trello boards to multiple TeamGantt projects
- A card can only be synced to TeamGantt as a task on a single project. A single card can't be represented as two separate tasks (synced to multiple TeamGantt projects simultaneously).
- With manual syncing, an individual task cannot be created in TeamGantt and synced to a Trello board. Only individual Trello cards can be pushed to TeamGantt.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!