How to use TeamGantt project templates
Starting a new project with a template is easy! Here's how:
1. Go to My Projects (in the left sidebar menu) and select New Project > Create a New Project.
2. Click the Template field to open the full template drop-down list and choose a template. Or, click the Preview templates link to see what the different templates look like before choosing one.
If you select the Preview templates link, a new window will pop up. Select a template option from the list on the left to see a preview on the right.
Then, click Use Template to apply the template to your new project.
3. Once you’ve chosen a template, enter a start date for your project. If you leave it blank, the project start date defaults to the current date. You can also choose which days of the week you'd like to include in your project.
4. Choose the details you want to import from the template. (Note: We recommend enabling all import options if you're using one of our pre-built templates for the first time.)
5. Complete the rest of the new project details, then click Create new project to go to your gantt chart.
Use a custom template
If you create the same kinds of projects over and over again, you might want to save your project as a template so you can save time on future setup. That way you don't have to build a project from scratch every time.
- Open the project.
- Go to Menu > Save as Template.
It’s as simple as that!
Once you’ve saved a project as a template, you can access it anytime under My Templates in the Templates drop-down or under Team Templates on the templates hub page when creating a new project.
Use a pre-built template
Ever wish you could speed up the project planning process? Good news! We're now offering pre-built templates in the following categories:
- Getting Started
- Marketing & Design
- Development & Engineering
Access pre-built templates anytime under Default Templates in the Templates drop-down or under Project Templates on the templates hub page when creating a new project
Here are the gantt chart templates available at your fingertips now:
- Blank Project: This one’s been a standard go-to in TeamGantt for a while now, but it’s worth mentioning. Start fresh with an empty project you can make your own. The possibilities are endless!
- Basic Project: This template has also been available as an option on TeamGantt for a while. We’ve plugged in some basic project elements so you can get a jumpstart on project planning.
- Get Started with TeamGantt: If you’re new to TeamGantt, this is a great place to start. More tutorial than template, each task walks you through a simple action so you can learn how TeamGantt works before diving into your own project.
- Website Design: Use this template for agency web projects or websites that go beyond the basics. You’ll find tasks for video and photography, plus milestones for client review and approval.
- Website Design (Simple): Plan your website without extra bloat using this template. Keep your plan simple, or build it out to cover your project bases. This one’s perfect for internal web projects.
- Video Production: Create videos right on schedule with ready-made tasks that take you from pre- to post-production.
- Event Plan: Use this template to stay on top of all the little details for your next corporate event. Keep all your tasks organized and on track so every event you plan goes off without a hitch.
- Social Media Schedule: Build out your social media calendar with this easy-to-use template. Schedule posts for each day of the week across all your social media channels.
- Digital Marketing Campaign: Launch and execute your next digital campaign by creating a streamlined plan across all your important marketing channels.
- Software Development: Taking a hybrid approach to a software project? Use this simple template to track Agile sprints without losing sight of the timeline.
- Construction: Break ground on your next construction schedule with this quickstart template. Keep your plan high-level, or dig into details with a full project build-out.
- Out of Office: Create a shared space for your team to log vacation and sick days so it’s easy to track paid time off and everyone’s in the loop about team availability.
- Moving Plan: Keep a running list of all the to-dos that go into moving, and create a schedule you can stick to so you have plenty of time to get it all done.
Have a suggestion for a new template or want to submit one of your projects as a template for other users? Email Kelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org!
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our free classes!