Does your project repeat the same group of tasks across the timeline? Or do you wish you could copy a group of tasks from one project to another? Good news! In TeamGantt, it's easy to duplicate task groups.
Let's walk through the basics so you can save more time on project setup.
Duplicate a group of tasks in a single project
There are 2 different ways to duplicate a group of tasks in a TeamGantt project. Both methods create a copy of the task group directly below the original group, so the choice is yours!
- Method 1: Hover your cursor over the group, and click the drop-down arrow to the right of the group name. Then, select Duplicate.
- Method 2: Right-click on the group's name, and select Duplicate from the drop-down menu.
Copy a group of tasks from one project to another
Copying a task group from one project to another can come in handy if your projects tend to involve the same steps. Here's how to make it work for you:
- Duplicate the task group in your original project using one of the options above.
- Go to Menu > Open Projects, and select the project you'd like to move the newly duplicated task group to. This will open the second project within your original project's gantt chart. (Read more on how to open and view multiple projects at once.)
- Click and drag the duplicated task group to its proper place in your second project. You can do this by either selecting the up-down arrow next to the group's name or the dark gray taskbar in the gantt chart.
Now give yourself a pat on the back for a job well-done!
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!