Remove a single comment from a task
If you just want to remove a single comment or document, you can do that from the task itself. Just keep in mind that only the person who added the comment or document can delete it from the task. That way important information doesn't accidentally get deleted.
To do this, click on the speech bubble icon to open up the discussions window. Hover your cursor over the comment, and click on the trash icon:
Remove all comments from a task
Need to remove all comments from a task? Duplicating the task—and then deleting the original one—is the quickest way to go. That's because comments from the original task aren't carried over to the duplicate.
Here's how it works:
- Hover your cursor over the task you'd like to duplicate.
- Click on the drop-down icon. A list of options will appear.
- Click Duplicate to duplicate the task.
You'll now see the duplicate task—fresh with no comments—and can remove the original task from your project.
Remove all comments and documents from a project
Want to give your whole project a clean comment slate? Here's how to recreate a project without including the original comments or uploaded documents:
1. Start by saving the original project as a template. To do so, simply open your existing project, and go to Menu > Save as Template.
2. Next, mark the original project as complete by clicking Menu > Project Settings > Status: Complete.
3. Then, create a new project using the template you just saved. You can do this by going to My Projects > New Project > Create a New Project, and choosing your original project template from the Template drop-down. Be sure to uncheck everything under the “Import” section to ensure you start with a truly clean slate.
4. Finally, click the Create New Project button. Your new project should be identical to the original one, minus the notes and comments.
Please note: You must have the account permission of Account Holder or Advanced User to be able to complete these steps.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!