Understanding project labels
A label is a tag added to projects for organizational and scheduling purposes only. Here are just a few ways you can use labels to tag tasks in your projects:
- Team/department responsible (Example: Marketing team)
- Job role responsible (Example: Web designer)
- Freelance/contract resource responsible (Example: Freelance writer)
- Client/company name that the task pertains to (Example: Acme Inc.)
- Project phase or sprint that the task belongs to (Example: Design phase)
- Priority level of a task (Example: Urgent)
Unlike a user or a guest, a label used in place of a person (i.e., Web designer) will not have access to the project in TeamGantt. And since a label isn't associated with an email address, it also won't receive email notifications.
If you're on a paid plan, you can create as many labels as you need, and they won't count against your current plan's total number of users.
( Note: Labels were formerly known as "Resources" in TeamGantt.)
To view existing labels on a project, simply go to the People tab and scroll down to the Labels section:
To add a new label, click Add a label to this project, and either:
1. Select an existing label from the drop-down.
2. Click Add New Label, and enter the label name.
Then, click Add labels to project to add all selected and/or newly created labels to your project.
Want to be able to assign a label to multiple projects? Be sure Available to all projects in [account name] is selected when adding the label. This ability can't be added retroactively, so we recommend choosing this option for every new label you create.
Making a label available to all projects prevents the creation of duplicate labels, giving you a more accurate view of a label's availability.
Editing and removing labels
Method 1: From within a project
If you're a project's Admin, you can edit and remove labels to fit your project needs. Here's how to keep your project's label list up-to-date:
From the People tab, hover your cursor over the label you want to edit, and click the edit (pencil) icon.
To remove or delete a label, hover your cursor over the label, and click the X:
Method 2: In Account Settings
If you're an Account Holder, you can take it one step further and manage all company-level labels (i.e., labels that have been made available to all projects). Here's how:
1. Click on the circular profile icon in the upper right corner of your account.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Select Manage Company Labels.
From the Manage Company Labels page, you'll be able to edit, delete, and add new labels to your account.
To learn more about TeamGantt, join us for one of our webinars!